Have you ever asked people to repeat themselves because your mind was wandering?
Have you ever finished a snack and been surprised you did?
Have you ever driven to your destination with no memory of how you got there?
Mindfulness is for you.
Learn to live in the moment with full awareness of your thoughts, feelings, body and surroundings. Join us at our retreat and learn several mindfulness practices guided by Dr Hagen Rampes, a Consultant Psychiatrist and mindfulness teacher in London, UK.
Please bring a packed lunch. Lunch will be a mindful eating practice. Refrigerator and Microwave facilities will be available. Come dressed in layers and loose clothing as there will be some mindful stretching.
Register at www.pranavanatyam.org.
March 18, 2018
713 Downs Dr., Silver Spring, MD
Registration fee: $50.
Dr. Hagen Rampes from London, England
Dr. Rampes qualified from Edinburgh University Medical School and has trained as a General Adult Psychiatrist. He has studied and trained in a number of complementary and alternative treatments. His approach is to integrate conventional and complementary healthcare. He has trained in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Mindfulness Based Stres Reduction with with leading experts in mindfulness in the Canada & USA.
Dr. Rampes has published papers mainly in the field of mental health and complementary and alternative medicine. He was consultant editor for a self help book on Depression, Banishing the Blues, by Hilly Boyd.
Some of his most recently published articles include:
1. Benefits of MBCT in treating depression relapse. Prashad J., Rampes S., Rampes H. The Chronicle of Neurology & Psychiatry. 2014: 17, 3.
2. Acupuncture and related interventions for smoking cessation. White A.R., Rampes H., Liu J.P. Stead L.F., Campbell J. Cochrane Database Systematic Reviews. 2014.
3. Rethinking placebo in psychiatry: how and why placebo effects occur. McQueen D., Cohen S., St John-Smith P., Rampes H. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment. 2013: 19, 171-180.
4. Rethinking placebo in psychiatry: the range of placebo effects. McQueen D., Cohen S., St John-Smith P., Rampes H. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment. 2013: 19, 162-170.
5. Complementary Medicine and Alternative Therapies. Chapter in, The Art and Science of mental Health Nursing. Rampes H., Pilkington K. 2013: 3rd Edition. Editors; Norman I., Ryrie I.