MD, ABAAHP, FAARFM
I believe knowledge is empowerment and focus my practice on wellness and prevention. Through this partnership in health, my patients and I work together to optimize their health and vitality.
Dr. Jyothi Rao has been practicing medicine for over 20 years. She received her Doctorate of Medicine (MD) from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and completed her internship and residency at the prestigious New England Medical Center (Tufts) in Boston. Before opening Shakthi Health & Wellness Center, Dr. Rao practiced medicine in New York and Maryland.
A strong proponent of holistic medicine, Dr. Rao is certified in Medical Acupuncture from UCLA. She is also certified in Cardiopulmonary Stress Testing, which is a personalized assessment of cardiac and pulmonary disease.
- Bachelors of Science
- MS, Metabolic Nutrition, University of South Florida
- Medical Doctorate
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Internship and Residency:
New England Center (Tufts) in Boston
- North Shore Internal Medicine
Long Island, New York
- Potomac Physician Maryland
- Crossroads Medical Center - Ellicott City
Managed a panel of over 2,000 patients
- Board Certified in Anti-Aging Medicine
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Certified in Medical Acupuncture, UCLA
- Certified Cardiopulmonary Stress Testing
- Fellow, Anti-aging, Regenerative & Functional Medicine, A4M*
- Maryland University of Integrative Health